K is two months old today! It’s hard to believe how quickly time is passing. He is growing and changing so much. Here are some fun facts about two month old K:
- I’ll have the real numbers next Monday, but his at home weight was 12 lbs and 6 oz! He is a GREAT eater. He eats roughly four 5 oz bottles during the day (sometimes 6 oz) and nurses 3 times in the evening/night. Switching to pumping at work has made it hard for me to keep up, so one or two of his daytime bottles are formula.
- We’ve packed up all of his newborn clothes, and a few of his 0-3 month clothes as well! His long legs are outgrowing pants and pajamas in a hurry! He’s in size 1 diapers.
- He has spent the past few weeks getting to know some special family members. Mima, Nana, and Grandma and Grandad have taken turns getting to know K. And so far…he’s a hit with everyone he meets! He’s SUCH a good baby!
- He is awake more and more during the day. We put him to bed between 9:30 and 10:30, he gets up once around 3:00, then he wakes up for his next feeding just before 7:00.
- K has accomplished a few fun things in the past month. He reaches for toys, will grasp things a little with his hand, is getting better at (accidentally) rolling on to his right side. And best of all, he has mastered the smile, and blesses us with big smiles often. He loves looking in to the mirror at his changing table, enjoys bath time, snuggles you when you hold him, and brings unending joy to our lives each and every day.
A memory I don’t want to forget: two times during the last month he’s NOT been ready to go back to sleep after his middle of the night feeding. Once when Aunt Brittney was here, and again just last night. But he wasn’t fussy, just awake, and soooo happy. Instead of trying to force bedtime, he and I had our own quiet, private mini party in the night, playing until he was ready to go back to sleep. While I might have been a little more tired for the morning afters…there’s nothing like watching him smile, kick, and play. I treasure those moments, no matter when they come.
Here’s our little monkey sitting up so big!
And here are some shots from his two month photo shoot! (If you’re wondering where all these smiles I speak of are…I don’t know! He was in a great mood before and after, but chose to mostly stare at me any time the camera was up… such a stinker!)
I cannot believe that he is 2 months already!! Wow! How time flies! I'm so glad to hear that things are going GREAT for everyone & that going back to work was good as well. I don't know how you did it, but I am proud of you for being able to leave that handsome lil' man that he has become! I am grateful for being able to stay at home with mine, but I also admire you moms that have to go back to work or want to. 🙂 ~Everything is going well here…just getting into the T-Ball season (Opening Day – April 30th YAY!!). I am the head coach of Grace's team alongside of my sis & Jayme…oh, and Gary too when he can! Ashley & Jayme are "finally" trying to make a baby!! WooHoo!! Grace has lost her first tooth, and a sec….and now a 3rd is loose!! Woowzer!! She is growing up on me fast! Cameron is getting to tall…lol…and he is so smart! (Smarter than we think he is..lol) He will now point out a few letters of the Alphabet (which Momma is SO proud of)! That pretty much wraps it up in the Carter household. Sorry I wrote you a book, I just wanted to update you since I just now got to catch up on your life! 🙂 BTW…I love all of the pic.'s & hearing how well you guys are doing make me incrediably HAPPY…and makes me miss you too! I still have your baby gift sitting here right in front of me – which I guess it will be given to you Easter weekend!! Can't WAIT!! Until then, take care & try to get some good sleep! From the way things sound Karson is starting to let you! YAY!! 🙂 Love you & see you soon!