K is two months old today! It’s hard to believe how quickly time is passing. He is growing and changing so much. Here are some fun facts about two month old K:
- I’ll have the real numbers next Monday, but his at home weight was 12 lbs and 6 oz! He is a GREAT eater. He eats roughly four 5 oz bottles during the day (sometimes 6 oz) and nurses 3 times in the evening/night. Switching to pumping at work has made it hard for me to keep up, so one or two of his daytime bottles are formula.
- We’ve packed up all of his newborn clothes, and a few of his 0-3 month clothes as well! His long legs are outgrowing pants and pajamas in a hurry! He’s in size 1 diapers.
- He has spent the past few weeks getting to know some special family members. Mima, Nana, and Grandma and Grandad have taken turns getting to know K. And so far…he’s a hit with everyone he meets! He’s SUCH a good baby!
- He is awake more and more during the day. We put him to bed between 9:30 and 10:30, he gets up once around 3:00, then he wakes up for his next feeding just before 7:00.
- K has accomplished a few fun things in the past month. He reaches for toys, will grasp things a little with his hand, is getting better at (accidentally) rolling on to his right side. And best of all, he has mastered the smile, and blesses us with big smiles often. He loves looking in to the mirror at his changing table, enjoys bath time, snuggles you when you hold him, and brings unending joy to our lives each and every day.
A memory I don’t want to forget: two times during the last month he’s NOT been ready to go back to sleep after his middle of the night feeding. Once when Aunt Brittney was here, and again just last night. But he wasn’t fussy, just awake, and soooo happy. Instead of trying to force bedtime, he and I had our own quiet, private mini party in the night, playing until he was ready to go back to sleep. While I might have been a little more tired for the morning afters…there’s nothing like watching him smile, kick, and play. I treasure those moments, no matter when they come.
Here’s our little monkey sitting up so big!
And here are some shots from his two month photo shoot! (If you’re wondering where all these smiles I speak of are…I don’t know! He was in a great mood before and after, but chose to mostly stare at me any time the camera was up… such a stinker!)