Our family enjoyed quite a weekend! Since it will be our last hectic one for a while, we tried to pack in some fun. As a result, we may have made it a busy one after all, but hey, that’s how we roll.
Friday night J got in some flying time and then we had taco night with Dan.
Saturday, we had a pool party with some friends from J’s work as a sort of farewell. K was GREAT, and enjoyed splashing around!
Sunday we went to church for a penultimate visit. Then we took in an afternoon movie (HP). K did pretty well. We chose the 12:50 thinking it would be sparsely attended. And aside from a few loud sounds startling him, and needing the occasional “stand and bounce” from his mama in the back of the theater…he did great! In fact, he was quieter than most people I usually sit around!
Sunday was also time for lots of playing and reading. K really enjoys being read to now. He stares at, touches, …kicks?… and coos at the books.
He also rolled from back to belly finally! He’s been sooooo close for the longest time, but this was the first time he did it totally on his own. He wasn’t thrilled about the result…so I’m not sure when he’ll attempt it again. 🙂
|“WHAT just happened?!”|
And THAT’s how K rolls!
(Click on any photo to view larger.)
Be sure to “check” in below by letting me know where you’re reading from!
K is five months old today!
Here are some facts about five month old K:
- We won’t have official stats until his six month appointment, but he’s still a big and growing boy!
- His daily routine is…not very routine. Every day at day care he seems to eat and nap differently.
- He goes to bed easily and sleeps past 5:00 am most mornings.
- He laughs when tickled, and smiles often and with his whole body.
- He can blow “raspberries”, but his sound of choice is still a good hearty squeal.
- In addition to squeals and coos, he’s made the G, M and B sounds.
- Hair watch: still waiting… 😀
- He’s in size two diapers, and 3-6 month clothing.
- He loves small hand held toys and teething items. His favorite for now is a teething bee that vibrates when chomped on. He’s also taken a liking to his jungle crib light with the swinging monkey.
- We’re trying out his jumper from time to time. It’s still a little tall for him, but he loves the toys and lights.
- We officially have to belt him in to his swing. He has learned to raise his hips and slide out the front. (No that hasn’t happened yet…but he sure tries!)
- He also lifts his hips and scoots across the carpet on his back. Quite the inverted inch worm!
- He sits in his high chair to eat and seems to feel like a big boy when he does so.
- He is eating cereal one to two times per day. He’s also tried a little banana mixed in. (Loves it so far!) We plan to introduce a new food each week. Next up…sweet potatoes!
On a recent night, K fell asleep in the living room while nursing. His little mouth was hanging open, face relaxed, arms were jelly…he was OUT. J and I had been carrying on a quiet conversation. I said “he’s asleep” and started to get up. J walked over and said “Do you want me to put him to bed?”. K bolted awake turned his head toward J and looked at him with quite a serious face. As if to say…”I’m not going ANYWHERE!”. We both got tickled, and I said “you were supposed to be asleep!”. He just smiled really big, shut his eyes, and went right back to snoozing.Here’s the little man at five months…
And here’s his photo shoot (a very “energetic” session this time!)