Today we had a BOBO for G Tubes.  (Buy one Buy one)  (I’ve never been a very good shopper)

First things first – both boys are doing great!  They are already acting like themselves.

Also important – THANK YOU for your thoughts and prayers today.  I can honestly say it has been a stress free day. At one point I was eating chex mix, holding Nolan, and watching HGTV and realized it was one of the most relaxing mornings I’ve had in a long time.  We’re not normal, but we’re blessed.

Tomorrow I’ll work on technical details, and photos of adorable tube and tape free cheeks!


Our day started at 2:30 this morning.  We were here at the hospital for our pre-op check in before 6:30.  We’ve had friendly staff who doted on me and the boys all day.

Landon went back first around 8:45 or so.  It took a little while to get started because he gave the IV team trouble (this always happens).  The surgery itself lasted longer than anticipated because he had scar tissue on his stomach and spleen.  This was obviously unexpected, and I promised them I did not perform any at home surgery kits before we got here.  🙂  I haven’t heard a conclusive reason for why that was the case, but one theory is that as he vomits, or when his stomach spasms, things rub together.  Nonetheless, it wasn’t harmful or a reason that the surgery didn’t go well, it just made things take a tad longer.  The fantastic news is that they were able to do the surgery laparoscopically.  This will help reduce scarring and ease recovery.

Landon and I getting ready for his go time:

Landon Cuddles

Landon Cuddles

image image

Nolan ended up not getting called back until around 2:00.  His surgery went smoothly as well.  His IV worked on first attempt and he did not have scar tissue.  Additional fantastic news, his incisions are also laparoscopic!

Nolan and I enjoying some cuddles during Landon’s surgery:

Nolan Cuddles

Nolan Cuddles

image image

As for the short-term plan, they will stick with IV feeds today and tomorrow to let their stomachs rest.  They will begin to introduce tube feeds on Thursday, and slowly increase to higher volumes.  It is impossible to be certain, but current estimates are that the boys will be here until Sunday or Monday.

They are sharing a PICU room, and we even have our own couch, window, and bathroom!

They do not seem to be in any discomfort, and both boys are peeking out from behind those beautiful eye lashes from time to time.  As if to say “we’re just fine mama”.