Welcome to our little slice of cyberspace.
We are J, M, K, L and N.
J is a hard working, professional, dedicated dad who loves anything with a motor. When he’s not off looking handsome in his business clothes, you may find him flying an airplane, riding a motorcycle, watching Gold Rush, managing his fantasy football team, or being an awesome dad.
I am M. A planner, a dreamer, and sometimes a doer. My day job includes spreadsheets and numbers. My hobbies are my children, and I have a hard time remembering when that wasn’t true.
J and I have been married for seven years, and together we love to travel, record way too many tv shows, have game nights with friends, and watch our kids take on the world.
K is our 3 year old lawyer/negotiator in the making, and he blesses and challenges us daily. He loves to play with his trains, watch “Paw Patrol”, and ride his bike. We are focused on teaching him new things, and helping him grow, but consider nothing more important than teaching him about God.
Most recently, we were blessed with identical twin boys L and N. They were diagnosed with Lissencephaly during the pregnancy. We are learning more about them and their journey one day at a time. And loving them every second along the way.
That’s US at a high level. If you get closer you’ll find a dusty house, an unread stack of mail, a growing to do list, and a little man who thinks “no” is funny.
This blog is “Mama Laughs”. I want a place where I can share pictures and stories with family and friends across the miles, mostly from the perspective of a new mama trying to figure all this out. One mistake, one misstep, and one laugh at a time. Here are some tips on whether or not this blog is for you:
Do NOT read this blog if…
- You, are annoyed by overuse, of commas, and otherwise misappropriate use of…punctuation!!!
- Big words make you feel fancy.
- You finish EVERYTHING you start.
- Your life is perfectly in order, with no chaos, confusion, missed appointments, laundry piles, dust bunnies, or frozen pizzas in sight.
- You think your parenting advice is the best and most perfect around, and will judge me for not taking it or for screwing up occasionally.
DO read this blog if…
- Sometimes you dream big, but suck at seeing things through. (Hello teaching myself guitar, writing a book, knitting/crocheting, craftiness in general, writing a different book, and becoming a runner…)
- You enjoy people who gush over their babies, nieces, nephews, family, home…food? and unashamedly show you photos of everything!
- You remember what it’s like to not know exactly what God has in store for your life, and to be simultaneously thrilled, exhilarated, overjoyed…and scared beyond belief!